Los Angeles Burn Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Attorney for Electrical, Chemical & Thermal Burns
Anyone who suffers a burn injury because of the careless or negligent act of another can bring a legal action for damages. Any individual or company whose carelessness or negligence is a cause of your injury can be held liable. If you or a family member has been seriously hurt, we encourage you to contact a Los Angeles burn injury lawyer immediately.
The California law firm of T. Joshua Ritz & Associates, Inc. Attorneys-At-Law provides legal advice and representation to clients who have suffered a serious burn injury. Injuries can be caused by malfunctioning hot water heaters, oven ranges, barbecues and anything else that involves heat, fire or hot water.
Burn injuries are typically classified by the depth to which they damage the body such as:
- Superficial burn injury: These are most commonly referred to as a first-degree burn. As the name implies, this injury only affects the skin, or epidermis, and is usually treated on an outpatient basis.
- Superficial partial-thickness burns: This is also known as a second-degree burn. These burns will affect the skin and the superficial portion of the dermis, the tissue directly beneath the skin. These injuries are usually the result of scalds, and are typified by blister formations on the skin.
- Deep partial-thickness burns: These injuries can also be referred to as deep second-degree burns. They will commonly damage the skin and most of the dermis. They might take three to four weeks to heal and might require skin grafts.
- Full thickness burns: Third-degree burns will damage the epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. While the skin might not actually blister, the skin can appear leathery and insensate. As opposed to scalding accidents, a third-degree burn is commonly seen when clothes are caught on fire and/or the skin is directly exposed to flame.
- Fourth-degree burns: These are full thickness burns that extend all the way down to the muscle or bone of the victim. These are the most serious form of the injury, and will require hospitalization and skin grafting.
This practice area encompasses premises liability, product liability and other types of claims. It also encompasses the type of injury children often suffer as a result of an accident at the home, school, day care center or even playground. You should trust a lawyer committed to the health of your family, whether the injury involves thermal burns, chemical burns or electrical burns. Contact our firm by completing the e-mail form on this website or call us at 818.788.1123. Speak with an experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorney in a free consultation today.